FAQ | Answers to Common Questions
- Reputable agents will not pressure or threaten you or try to make you feel insecure; nor will they flatter you or guarantee you work.
- Never enter an agreement with an agent without going away to think about it or to get impartial advice.
- Reputable agents do not offer classes, they will not sign you up for photo sessions nor will they require you to pay fees up front.
- Agents charge commission only on the work that you do - 15% on film and television work, 10% on theatre work - and very few charge any kind of maintenance fee.
- Any contract with an agent must include cancellation clauses for both parties to the contract.
- Reputable agencies are prohibited by the industry code of ethics from advertising to the public.
- A principal agent will rarely take on a performer who is completely inexperienced.